Buying a House
By Ross Anderson, CFP®
Ross Anderson is not only a financial planner and a DJ, he is also a recent home buyer. He shares the joy of closing the deal and settling into a new home, balanced with the sorrows of unexpected expenses. If you are thinking of purchasing a home, this episode will give you a few pre-purchase ideas to consider. (See Ross's Bio)
ROSS’S STEPS TO PREPARE FOR HOME OWNERSHIP INCLUDE
- Considering whether the "American Dream" of owning a home should be a goal for you.
- Preparing for your new mortgage payment by practicing making the paymentwhile you are still a renter.
- Getting to know your market and starting your search online. HGTV may haveyou disillusioned as to what you can get in your area.
- Mastering negotiation tactics to help you get the best price possible.
- Keeping your eye on longer-term financial goals once you get settled.
Motley Fool Wealth Management, an affiliate of The Motley Fool, is a separate entity, and all financial planning services are provided by financial planners at Fool Wealth. The views expressed are Ross’s, and do not necessarily reflect the views of MFWM or any of its affiliates. These comments may not be relied upon as recommendations, investment or financial planning advice.